Hiking discovery in the heart of the Calanques National Park
Explore the 3 fjords: Port Miou, Port Pin and En Vau
Imagine a morning flooded by the Provence sun, your hiking shoes, what to eat, two liters of water, your most beautiful hats and myself as your guide.
We are ready to explore this exceptional natural landscape: The Calanques !
The hike begins in Port Miou. Port Miou is a real paradise for sailboats lovers. This natural port is home to over 500! Each one more beautiful than the other, from the “pirate” sailboat to the “modern” sailboat.
After 40 minutes walking on the stony paths between the Aleppo pines we will arrive in Port Pin. It’s a real postcard ! It forms a cove with a beach and the sea offers turquoise reflections, transparent like crystal!
Port Pin is the perfect stop for a jump in the water and to drink some water and eat a snack before taking the path the En Vau.
The hike to En Vau is not easy, it is really sporty ! From Port Pin we’ll need around 1 hour to reach En Vau. To reach En Vau beach, the descent is not easy. There are some passages where you have to use your hands to cross rocky outcrops. The end of the descent takes place on a fairly steep and slippery scree slope … It will be necessary to go up this passage, which is easier on the return.
The Calanques National Park is a magical and magnificent place, which must be preserved and respected. I recommend this hike to all people in good physical condition and equipped !
In the program:
- Calanques of Port Miou: 1 hour (walk through, explanations, pictures)
- Calanques of Port Pin: 1 hour (stop, pictures, swim, snack)
- Calanques of En Vau: 3 hours (lunch picnic, swim, explanations)
- Total hiking time back and forth: 3 hours
- Explanations about history and nature along the way
- Stops for pictures
- Stops to take a swim
- Max group size: 10 people
- Duration: 8 hours
- Meeting point: Calanques de Port Miou
- Difficulty: hard
- From June 1 to September 30, the access is regulated according to current weather conditions
- Lunch is not included / You must bring your own picnic
- Be ready for a hike on stony paths
- You need good hiking shoes, food, 2 liters of water minimum, sun-hat, sun-cream, swim-suit, snorkeling equipment
- There is nothing but nature in the National Park
- Price per group
- Not recommend for children under 16